Monday, April 23, 2012

Week 14-Main Bathroom Plan

Hard to believe that we are on week 14.....and still living with my parents lol! 
Our contractors are telling us that they are packing up the end of this week and we can start moving in, we shall see.

Since I've last posted, we have been on a much needed vacation with 4 of our friends to Antigua, West Indies There was a ban on renovation and work conversation while we were there, which was nice considering every other sentence now-a-days starts with "you know what we should do for the house?"

It was such a beautiful place with tons of inspiration! Brad took amazing photos that I think will be hung in our main bathroom. (Who knew he was a photographer!)
Before we left for our vacation, we painted the walls a pale vintage green- Tealight CC-610 from Benjamin Moore of course- so I am thinking paired with coral accents and some of these beach photos we can give the old bathroom an update we'll love! In a couple of years we plan to build on the house in order to make the bathroom larger with a soaker tub. Until then we will make the best of what we have.








LOVE this one! 



Because the photos are beachy and the application used in most of them is kind of vintage, I think I will use white frames and white mats. That way the colour in each photo will take center stage, not the matting or the frame.

Tea light CC-610 from Benjamin Moore


I love this colour because its reminiscent of a spa but its a little vintage. Maybe we should start calling the bathroom "vintage spa inspired" lol!  

I love the idea of rolling up the towels and storing them in such a way, so I thought the idea of using the baskets on the wall was a great idea. However, I have this crate that would make an interesting display piece somewhere, so I think I will use it in the same manner. 

       
                                                                                       


Coral or Pink as an accent colour?
OR



What will the husband say I wonder? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of your home. I'm dying to know what company in California did you order your cupboards from and where did you get the two white shelving units that are pictured in your living room! You have awesome taste!
    -Kate-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate! We bought our cupboards from Kitchenspro.com out of California! They were so easy to deal with and in less then 4 weeks they were delivered to our door. I designed the kitchen myself and submitted a drawing to them, but they then will assign you a designer and you work with them to figure out the best possible plan. The cabinets in living room are from IKEA!
      Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete