Wednesday, March 28, 2012

And the demolition begins!

Brad's birthday is in January; the same weekend we got our keys. Instead of spending money on gifts and  celebrations, we decide that we will just concentrate on the renos instead. But of course I couldn't quite let it go, so I bought him a hammer! 
With great help from friends and family the walls start coming down! There is something so exciting about taking a hammer to a perfectly good wall, and at the same time it feels wrong, like you are doing something so bad! I seem to be the only one who felt that way, pretty soon there wasn't much of the existing dining room and kitchen left. 
At the end of the month, I start to wonder, maybe we got a little hammer happy. Will there even be an original sheet of dry wall left? 





 This is so wrong!



Where the kitchen sink once lived!

At this point I can't see eating my cheerios here ever again

Open view from the guest bedroom to the master!
Call us crazy, but the plan is to take all the closets out of both the master and the guest bedrooms.
 How else will I fit my Dorothy Drapers in my bedroom?!
Next post, the real fun begins! We start planning the kitchen!!

2 comments:

  1. This reno has been going on now for 11 weeks today. Will we ever get this project done? Will we ever get to move into the house? Will Brad & Shelley survive this whole ordeal?

    ...tune in next time to find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its April 17th and we are still not in the house... this is not looking good. However slowly, progress Is actually being made. New move in date - May 1, 2012. *fingers crossed*

      Delete